Monday 15 November 2010

'Go Block' in Penang Internation Print Exhibiton 2010 (PIPE)

Go Block models sitting in the trishaw at the front of state museum and ready to go.





Trishaw drivers are wearing Go Block sign t-shirt printed by me.



Gathering at the state museum again for photo shooting after the tour around the street.



Models wearing my screen printed red and black design.
















Models with my design in a trishaw.
















For this year's Penang Internation Print Exhibition (PIPE), Go Block group came out with quite a few ideas rather different from conventional approach towards print making. After much discussion, meeting and brain storming, we decided to have a "print making event" rather then just having our printed art work hanging at the wall space, we bring our ''print'' go to the street and to much wider audience as possible.












Each members (five of us) of the Go Block produce an image for printing on Sarong, which then to be wear by models (20 male and female models), and the trishaw drivers are wearing the printed Go Block sign t-shirt, all models are sitting in the trishaw then patrolling down to the busy street in George Town, Penang.












It starts from Penang State Museum and Art Gallery, strolling down to the near by street, passing through the markets and shops, local residents and tourist are curious and suprise by this act. After an hour long journey the tour was then heading back to the state musuem again.





1 comment:

Aine Scannell said...

Hello there Kim Ng

I wonder what your friend actually call you ??


...anyway I am so pleased that I came across 'Printmaking Malaysia' blogspot.com because otherwise I probably would not have found your website. So glad I looked in your archive on here as there is some excellent work using such diverse processes and materials that really appeal to me. Well done to you.
Oh and that is at least 3 printmaking exhibitions we are in together by now. First Printmakers council exhibition at PM Gallery in Ealing, London - loved your piece in that ( I do not see a photo of this on here ? You should put it on here. Then we were in the exhib at Leslie Davy's house ( although maybe I was just a visitor at the private view?
lastly this event Penang 2010.

You keep so busy doing so many things.

best wishes

By the way do you know of web address for 1st Printmaking Triennial Macau

because I was aware of this event and would love to see more photos of the artists who exhibited in this event . email me
aine@ainescannell.com if you can help

Aine